Screenwriting vs. Novel Writing

For the past few years I've worked strictly on screenplays. I've read countless books and articles, and listened to hundreds of podcasts. Now that I'm working on novels, I'm realizing they don't seem much different. Obviously there's a lot less writing in a script, but the story rules seem the same.

Has anyone else gone from writing screenplays to novels? Ever use a screenplay-type formula for a book?
Post a Comment

Friday

Screenwriting vs. Novel Writing

For the past few years I've worked strictly on screenplays. I've read countless books and articles, and listened to hundreds of podcasts. Now that I'm working on novels, I'm realizing they don't seem much different. Obviously there's a lot less writing in a script, but the story rules seem the same.

Has anyone else gone from writing screenplays to novels? Ever use a screenplay-type formula for a book?
Post a Comment