How's a Girl to Find a Writing Buddy?

Ok. So I have this major problem of not being able to finish any writing that I start. Except for the two films I co-wrote and wrote and directed. I'm convinced I only finished those because, one, so many people were involved, and B, they were shorts therefore easy to write.

To make a long story short (you're welcome) I'm working on finishing a novel I started quite a long time ago. I have over 350 (typed) pages done, with 72K words.

I. Want. To. Finish. This. Novel.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm more than halway there.

I reread about 100 pages last night and really like what I have. I think my main character is funny. My problem is the plot. I have a million ideas but no one to bounce them off of. I don't know if I'm trying to add too much to the story, or if it needs more.

I need a writing buddy. I'm more than happy to read what they've written and give feedback, let them bounce ideas off me and be a general all-around writing friend, if they can do the same.

I had a friend from high school read my first chapter. He gave me fantastic feedback....but he's a HE and I know he's not really interested in chick-lit-type writing. I don't blame him. 

Anyway, does anyone know how to go about finding someone? I'm thinking of checking out the Barnes and Noble Writing Group tonight, but I'm not sure.
Post a Comment

Thursday

How's a Girl to Find a Writing Buddy?

Ok. So I have this major problem of not being able to finish any writing that I start. Except for the two films I co-wrote and wrote and directed. I'm convinced I only finished those because, one, so many people were involved, and B, they were shorts therefore easy to write.

To make a long story short (you're welcome) I'm working on finishing a novel I started quite a long time ago. I have over 350 (typed) pages done, with 72K words.

I. Want. To. Finish. This. Novel.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm more than halway there.

I reread about 100 pages last night and really like what I have. I think my main character is funny. My problem is the plot. I have a million ideas but no one to bounce them off of. I don't know if I'm trying to add too much to the story, or if it needs more.

I need a writing buddy. I'm more than happy to read what they've written and give feedback, let them bounce ideas off me and be a general all-around writing friend, if they can do the same.

I had a friend from high school read my first chapter. He gave me fantastic feedback....but he's a HE and I know he's not really interested in chick-lit-type writing. I don't blame him. 

Anyway, does anyone know how to go about finding someone? I'm thinking of checking out the Barnes and Noble Writing Group tonight, but I'm not sure.
Post a Comment