Why I Dress Like Crap? (No, really, why?)

My husband and I have owned a house cleaning business for almost nine years. Somewhere deep down I must feel like that gives me a great excuse to dress like crap most days. Which makes me feel like crap, knowing I don't look good. I have about six or seven junkie tshirts that I wear to work: one is a tye-dye from Conesus Lake, a few have random slogans on them and the rest are just plain.

Now, I have an entire closet filled (and I mean filled) with nice clothes that I'm saving for sometime special. This is actually an older picture on the left. I have shirts, jeans, capris and summer dresses in there now with the tags still on. And, yet, every day I chose to dress like crap in jeans and baggy tshirts with my hair in a ponytail. I admit part of me is worried I'll get my nicer clothes dirty, but so what? We do have a washer. And it's not like anything in my closet cost more than $30 anyway.

I know my writer friends on here will understand this, but I have tons of notebooks that are too nice for me to even write in. So, if I'm not going to write in them, why did I buy them? Because I want to write in them.

And I'm not just like this about clothes and notebooks, but about everything. I have loads of body lotions, shower gels, body sprays, hair accessorries (I know I spelled that wrong) and make-up that I almost never use because it's for sometime special.

Well, the special time has come. I'm getting rid of my baggy, crummy tshirts and I'm going to start dressing how I want to look everyday: put-together and non-mommy-like. What did I rack up my Old Navy and Target credit cards for if I'm not going to wear all the cute outfits I bought? Why am I growing my hair long if I'm going to put it up in a ponytail everyday? Why buy Mary Kay makeup and put so little on my husband asks, "Are you sick, you look pale?"

Starting in about an hour. Right now I have to run to Walmart to buy shower soap so I can take a shower and get out of my jeans and tye-dye.
Post a Comment

Tuesday

Why I Dress Like Crap? (No, really, why?)

My husband and I have owned a house cleaning business for almost nine years. Somewhere deep down I must feel like that gives me a great excuse to dress like crap most days. Which makes me feel like crap, knowing I don't look good. I have about six or seven junkie tshirts that I wear to work: one is a tye-dye from Conesus Lake, a few have random slogans on them and the rest are just plain.

Now, I have an entire closet filled (and I mean filled) with nice clothes that I'm saving for sometime special. This is actually an older picture on the left. I have shirts, jeans, capris and summer dresses in there now with the tags still on. And, yet, every day I chose to dress like crap in jeans and baggy tshirts with my hair in a ponytail. I admit part of me is worried I'll get my nicer clothes dirty, but so what? We do have a washer. And it's not like anything in my closet cost more than $30 anyway.

I know my writer friends on here will understand this, but I have tons of notebooks that are too nice for me to even write in. So, if I'm not going to write in them, why did I buy them? Because I want to write in them.

And I'm not just like this about clothes and notebooks, but about everything. I have loads of body lotions, shower gels, body sprays, hair accessorries (I know I spelled that wrong) and make-up that I almost never use because it's for sometime special.

Well, the special time has come. I'm getting rid of my baggy, crummy tshirts and I'm going to start dressing how I want to look everyday: put-together and non-mommy-like. What did I rack up my Old Navy and Target credit cards for if I'm not going to wear all the cute outfits I bought? Why am I growing my hair long if I'm going to put it up in a ponytail everyday? Why buy Mary Kay makeup and put so little on my husband asks, "Are you sick, you look pale?"

Starting in about an hour. Right now I have to run to Walmart to buy shower soap so I can take a shower and get out of my jeans and tye-dye.
Post a Comment