Books I'm Embarrassed to Read

I figured if I think this way, others must too. At least, thinking that makes me feel better. There are a few authors whose books I am slightly embarrassed, as a writer, to be caught reading:

  • Janet Evanovich--Don't get me wrong, I love Stephanie Plum, but it's just the same story over and over.
  • Danielle Steel--I haven't read one of her books in years, but I used to devour them. Soon I saw certain patterns--like whenever a main female character felt sick to her stomach, she was pregnant.
  • Lauren Conrad--Since I'm working on a YA novel, I've been reading YA like crazy. Last week I bought LA Candy by her. I figured it was a best seller (as is her new book), so I should see what the fuss is about. I hate it. The only think keeping me reading it is the fact that I paid for it.
What books or authors are you embarrassed to read?
Post a Comment

Thursday

Books I'm Embarrassed to Read

I figured if I think this way, others must too. At least, thinking that makes me feel better. There are a few authors whose books I am slightly embarrassed, as a writer, to be caught reading:

  • Janet Evanovich--Don't get me wrong, I love Stephanie Plum, but it's just the same story over and over.
  • Danielle Steel--I haven't read one of her books in years, but I used to devour them. Soon I saw certain patterns--like whenever a main female character felt sick to her stomach, she was pregnant.
  • Lauren Conrad--Since I'm working on a YA novel, I've been reading YA like crazy. Last week I bought LA Candy by her. I figured it was a best seller (as is her new book), so I should see what the fuss is about. I hate it. The only think keeping me reading it is the fact that I paid for it.
What books or authors are you embarrassed to read?
Post a Comment