The biggest thing I have in common with my followers (that sounds funny) is that we're all writers. But I was thinking I'd like to share the things that I like to do that are not related to writing. And then I'd love to hear yours.
My top 10 favorite non-writing things to do these days:
10) Listen to podcasts while I do my day job (cleaning houses). Although most of them are writing related, I do listen to a local radio show I love, The Break Room.
9) Lately I love checking out all of the fabulous
8) Playing Xbox Lego Indiana Jones (or anything else) with my four year old son.
7) Taking a hot shower
6) My husband and I just finished watching all seven seasons of Two and a Half Men, and I bought
5) Having playdates with my best friend, Vanessa (we both have kids, we don't do the playing). It's even better when we get a girls night out alone and hang out at the bookstore or mall.
4) Every Friday I look forward to getting my US Weekly gossip mag in the mail. I love crawling into bed with that.
3) Since I'm beginning my first YA novel, I've been reading lots of YA. Right now I'm really into Ellen Hopkins. I didn't like her books at first, but now I'm hooked.
2) Believe it or not, packing. We're getting ready to move into our first house in a few weeks. Anything I can do make it feel like I'm "working" on the house stuff, I'll do.
1) Shopping at Target or Old Navy. Although with our new house I'll be changing my destinations to Home Depot and Bed, Bath and Beyond.
I'd love to hear others' favorite non-writing things to do. If you're interested, post a list on your blog and then let me know via a comment so I can go check it out.