The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven

I was seven the summer of 1977, when my dad told me Elvis Presley had died. For a young kid, I was actually pretty interested in music and felt bad about him dying.

I asked how Elvis died and my dad told me he exploded because he ate too much.

I believed him. What did I know, I was seven?

A few days later my dad made us egg salad and olive sandwiches, my favorite. I ate my entire sandwich and asked for another one. He made it for me.

I ate about half of it when suddenly I started to not feel so good. I ran to the bathroom and threw it all up.

My dad came in and said I ate way too much. Couldn't he have told me that bit of information before he made me the second sandwich?

I started crying hysterically and wouldn't stop. He asked why and I told him I was exploding like Elvis and about to die.

He laughed. I cried and threw up some more.

I didn't eat egg and olive again until I was 28 and my husband made me try it. Now I love it. But only one sandwich at a time.
Post a Comment

Friday

The Time I Exploded When I Was Seven

I was seven the summer of 1977, when my dad told me Elvis Presley had died. For a young kid, I was actually pretty interested in music and felt bad about him dying.

I asked how Elvis died and my dad told me he exploded because he ate too much.

I believed him. What did I know, I was seven?

A few days later my dad made us egg salad and olive sandwiches, my favorite. I ate my entire sandwich and asked for another one. He made it for me.

I ate about half of it when suddenly I started to not feel so good. I ran to the bathroom and threw it all up.

My dad came in and said I ate way too much. Couldn't he have told me that bit of information before he made me the second sandwich?

I started crying hysterically and wouldn't stop. He asked why and I told him I was exploding like Elvis and about to die.

He laughed. I cried and threw up some more.

I didn't eat egg and olive again until I was 28 and my husband made me try it. Now I love it. But only one sandwich at a time.
Post a Comment