Go Big or Stay Home

I'm new to blogging. When I started a few months ago, my post subjects were all over the place. Even I found them boring.

Then I remembered the gift I gave my mom for her 50th birthday, her last. For some reason I remember many, many stories of things that happened to me when I was little. I remember more than anyone else in my family. Although, it was the seventies so maybe there's a reason they don't remember...

Whenever I was around my family and I started a sentence with, "When I was little..." people would actually get up from the table and leave. I don't know if it's because they'd heard them all before, or if they knew once I started with a story I'd roll right on to the next one, and the one after that.

My mom was the one person who loved to hear any story I told from when I was little. I spent six months writing down every single thing I could remember from when I was little. I typed it up and put it into a scrapbook for her birthday, which she was spending in the hospital due to cancer. I have pictures of her crying and looking through the scrapbook.

To make a long story longer, I started writing some of the funny/weird things I did when I was little on my blog. The comments picked up and I kept writing. I finally feel I've found my niche on here with old stories and posts about writing.

As of the other morning I had 23 followers. I spent a lot of time last night searching for other blogs from writers. I found a ton and now I follow them. I am SO happy that my followers jumped from 23 to almost 90!

I feel like I found a fantastic community of writers and I'm really excited to meet everyone!
Post a Comment

Saturday

Go Big or Stay Home

I'm new to blogging. When I started a few months ago, my post subjects were all over the place. Even I found them boring.

Then I remembered the gift I gave my mom for her 50th birthday, her last. For some reason I remember many, many stories of things that happened to me when I was little. I remember more than anyone else in my family. Although, it was the seventies so maybe there's a reason they don't remember...

Whenever I was around my family and I started a sentence with, "When I was little..." people would actually get up from the table and leave. I don't know if it's because they'd heard them all before, or if they knew once I started with a story I'd roll right on to the next one, and the one after that.

My mom was the one person who loved to hear any story I told from when I was little. I spent six months writing down every single thing I could remember from when I was little. I typed it up and put it into a scrapbook for her birthday, which she was spending in the hospital due to cancer. I have pictures of her crying and looking through the scrapbook.

To make a long story longer, I started writing some of the funny/weird things I did when I was little on my blog. The comments picked up and I kept writing. I finally feel I've found my niche on here with old stories and posts about writing.

As of the other morning I had 23 followers. I spent a lot of time last night searching for other blogs from writers. I found a ton and now I follow them. I am SO happy that my followers jumped from 23 to almost 90!

I feel like I found a fantastic community of writers and I'm really excited to meet everyone!
Post a Comment